Questions to ask your Ottawa Wedding Photographer.
Ottawa Wedding Photographer
Questions to ask when meeting with a wedding photographer.
One of the most important steps to take in planning your day is to take the time to meet with your Wedding Photographer candidates. Sit down with them, talk to them. Look at their portfolios and albums. The Internet can be an incredibly helpful tool. It’s just not a great place to judge the quality of photographer’s images. Meeting your prospective Ottawa Wedding Photographer in person gives you an opportunity to evaluate a number of key items. Some of these include:
(1) Can they show you samples of their Wedding Photography? How do the images look? How do the albums look and feel? You won’t want to display your wedding pictures in a three ring binder, so make sure you can see the style of album you’ll actually be receiving. Are the samples from more than one wedding?
(2) Are they professional? Are they on time for your meeting? Are they dressed appropriately? Do they have an office or studio or are you sitting at their kitchen table? Don’t get me wrong. Lots of people start out working from their home while they get established. The question you need to ask yourself is “Do I want them using MY wedding to build their experience?”
(3) Are they actually running a business? Do they have a business license? A business bank account? Do they work with a contract? A contract is an incredibly important part of the process. With a contract, everyone knows what is promised, and what will be delivered. Are they insured? Ask them if they have spare equipment. We have at least two of EVERY piece of equipment we use while photographing a wedding. It can be the difference between a memorable wedding album and disappointment.
(4) Exactly what will I receive for my money? How many prints will I receive? If an album is part of the package, what will the album look like? Can I get a DVD of the images? If a DVD of the images is included, are the images full resolution files or reduced size proof images?
(5) Do you like them? Are they pleasant? What’s their personality like? It’s a simple fact of human nature that we can’t get along with everyone. The time to find this out is NOT on your Wedding day. Getting married is an intense experience, and it’s one that can generate a great deal of stress. You’ll want Your Wedding Photographer to be someone who can capture the beauty of your wedding day, and make you feel comfortable while doing it.
Ottawa Wedding Photographer LJ Photography.
I’ve been serving the Ottawa and Eastern Ontario region for over 19 years. In that time I’ve had the privilege of documenting the weddings of hundreds of Brides and Grooms.
I’d love to speak to you regarding your upcoming wedding.
You can reach me by phone at (613) 673-9249 and by email at email@example.com
Please click here for more samples of our images